Covered in fresh mozzarella and tomatoes, this balsamic-glazed pork is a perfect balance of fresh produce and decadent comfort food.
Tomato-Basil Pork Chops
Yields: 4 servings
- 4 (½-inch-thick) bone-in pork chops
- 2¼ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1¼ teaspoons ground black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze
- 1 (8-ounce) ball fresh mozzarella, torn
- 1 cup fresh baby arugula
- 1 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 plum tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Garnish: chopped fresh basil, balsamic glaze
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Sprinkle pork with 1½ teaspoons salt and ¾ teaspoon pepper. Place on one half of a large 18x13-inch rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Increase oven temperature to broil. Brush balsamic glaze onto pork chops; sprinkle with mozzarella and arugula.
- In a large bowl, stir together snap peas, 1 tablespoon oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Place on other half of pan.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together tomatoes, basil, remaining 2 tablespoons oil, remaining ¼ teaspoon salt, and remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper. Spoon tomato mixture over pork. Garnish with basil and balsamic glaze, if desired.