Covered in Texas-style barbecue and topped with tangy slaw, this hot dog is definitely a crowd-pleaser.
Texas Hot Dog
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
- 4 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- ½ cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 8 all-beef hot dog franks
- Hot dog buns, Texas-style barbecue sauce, and sweet pickle relish, to serve
- In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, and celery seed until smooth. Add cabbage and bell pepper; toss cabbage mixture with dressing until well coated. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a grill pan or skillet, cook franks over medium-high heat, working in batches, until browned and heated through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Serve on buns with barbecue sauce, slaw, and sweet pickle relish.
KITCHEN TIP: To kick it up a notch, add chopped barbecue pork, brisket, or chicken to the hot dog toppings.