Cranberries and white chocolate add seasonal Holiday flavor to these oatmeal cookies.
Taste of Christmas Oatmeal Cookies
Yield: approximately 3 dozen cookies
Write a review
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats (not instant)
- 1 cup white chocolate chunks
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars at medium-high speed with an electric mixer until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping occasionally to scrape sides of bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla, beating to combine.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating until combined. Add oats, white chocolate, and cranberries, beating until combined. Drop batter by heaping tablespoonfuls onto prepared pans, spacing 2 inches apart.
- Bake until lightly browned, 10 to 12 minutes per batch. Let cool on pans 5 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks. Store in an airtight container up to 5 days.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/