Every bite of this completely irresistible cookie is packed with several sweet surprises.
Strawberry-Chocolate Chunk Skillet Cookie
Yields: 1 (10-inch) Skillet
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup plus 1 tablespoon old-fashioned oats, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- ½ cup dark chocolate chunks
- Strawberry ice cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 10-inch cast-iron skillet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars with a mixer at medium speed until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add egg, beating well. Beat in vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, ½ cup oats, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. With mixer on low speed, gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating just until combined. Stir in strawberries and chocolate chunks. Press dough into prepared skillet. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon oats.
- Bake until golden brown, 23 to 25 minutes. Serve warm with strawberry ice cream.