This dense cake-like cobbler is so much easier to make than cheesecake.
Strawberry Cheesecake Cobbler
Makes 8 to 10 servings
Write a review
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 11⁄2 cups plus 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°. Pour melted butter into an 13x9-inch baking dish.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat cream cheese at medium speed until creamy, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, beating until combined. Stir in vanilla.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and remaining 11⁄2 cup granulated sugar. Whisk in milk until smooth. Pour batter into prepared dish. Arrange strawberry halves over batter; spoon heaping teaspoonfuls of cream cheese mixture over top.
- Cover with foil, and bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes, removing foil after 25 minutes. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar; serve warm.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/