Let your oven do all the work for this steak house-worthy dinner.
Yields: 4-6 servings
- 1 (24-ounce) bag baby red potatoes, halved or quartered
- ½ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 2¼ teaspoons ground black pepper, divided
- 3 (1-inch-thick) New York strip steaks
- 1 pound French green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Garnish: chopped fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line a large 18x13-inch rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss together potatoes, cheese, garlic, thyme, melted butter, 2 teaspoons salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper until combined. Place in an even layer on prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through. Push potatoes to one corner of pan. Increase oven temperature to broil. Sprinkle steaks with 1½ teaspoons salt and 1½ teaspoons pepper; add steaks to pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together green beans, oil, remaining ½ teaspoon salt, and remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper; add beans to pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Turn steaks, and stir potatoes; bake until desired degree of doneness, 10 to 25 minutes more, covering potatoes with foil halfway through baking to prevent excess browning, if necessary. Garnish with thyme, if desired.