These Sprinkle Sugar Cookies taste even better than they look. They are rolled in sprinkles, giving them plenty of festive color. Plus, this classic recipe is foolproof, and guaranteed to be loved by all of your holiday guests.
Sprinkle Sugar Cookies
Yield: 2 dozen
Write a review
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup Christmas-colored sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar at medium speed with a mixer until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Beat in egg and extract.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating just until combined. Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in sprinkles. Place at least 2 inches apart on prepared pans. Flatten slightly with the bottom of a glass. Freeze until firm, approximately 15 minutes.
- Bake until edges are slightly browned, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks. Store in airtight containers up to 3 days.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/