It’s no secret us Southerners love sweet tea. But sweet tea, vodka, and lemonade? We’ve found our new favorite summer cocktail!
Spiked Sweet Tea Lemonade
Write a review
- 14 cups water, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 family-size tea bags
- 11⁄4 cups fresh lemon juice
- 4 cups cold ginger ale
- 2 cups sweet tea–flavored vodka, such as Firefly Original Sweet Tea
- Garnish: fresh mint
- In a stockpot, bring 6 cups water to a boil over high heat. Remove from heat, and add sugar, stirring until sugar has dissolved. Add tea bags, and let tea steep for 30 minutes. Remove tea bags.
- Add remaining 8 cups water to tea, stirring well. Add lemon juice, stirring well. Let tea mixture come to room temperature. Cover, and refrigerate until cold, approximately 4 hours.
- Just before serving, add ginger ale and vodka, stirring well. Serve over ice. Garnish with mint, if desired.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/