Pumpkin pie spice and orange zest give this must-have Thanksgiving side even more fall flavor.
Spiced Sweet Potato Casserole
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Write a review
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled, cooked, and mashed
- ¾ cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon orange zest
- 2 large eggs
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 2½-quart baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat sweet potato, brown sugar, melted butter, salt, pumpkin pie spice, zest, and eggs at medium speed with a mixer until smooth. Spoon into prepared dish.
- Cover with foil, and bake 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes more. Sprinkle with marshmallows. Bake until lightly browned, approximately 7 minutes.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/