Spiced Bourbon-Apple Cider
Citrus, spice, and apple flavors meld for the perfect fall toddy.
Yields: 4 servings
- 4 cups unfiltered apple cider
- ½ cup bourbon
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 whole star anise
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 lemon slices
- 1 small apple, thinly sliced
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise, seeds scraped and reserved
- Garnish: cinnamon sticks
- In a medium saucepan, combine cider, bourbon, allspice, sugar, star anise, cinnamon, lemon, apple, and vanilla bean and seeds. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. (Do not boil.) Reduce heat to low; cook 30 minutes. Strain cider mixture. Garnish with cinnamon sticks, if desired. Serve warm.
Looking for more fall inspired recipes? Find them in our newest issue of Taste of the South magazine.