These sweet, saucy, and oh-so-simple slow cooker ribs are easy enough to make on a weeknight.
Slow Cooker Peach Barbecue Country-Style Ribs
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 large fresh peaches, pitted and sliced
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 pounds country-style pork ribs
- Garnish: chopped green onion, fresh peaches
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add half of peach slices and ¼ cup brown sugar; cook, stirring occasionally, until peaches begin to soften, about 4 minutes. Stir in orange juice and vanilla; cook, stirring occasionally, until peaches are softened. Using the back of a spoon, mash peaches. Remove from heat; stir in ketchup, paprika, red pepper, and remaining ¼ cup brown sugar until sugar is dissolved.
- In a small bowl, stir together salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Pat ribs dry. Sprinkle both sides of ribs with salt mixture. Place ribs in an even layer in a 6-quart slow cooker. Pour peach barbecue sauce over ribs. Place remaining peach slices over ribs. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours. Remove from slow cooker; let stand for 10 minutes. Serve with cooking liquid. Garnish with green onion and peaches, if desired.
If you prefer a smoother barbecue sauce, pulse it in a blender until desired consistency is reached.