Ooey gooey, rich and creamy, these Skillet S’mores are the perfect treat no matter what the occasion. And with just three ingredients, they couldn’t be easier to make.
Write a review
- 12 (1-ounce) squares semisweet baking chocolate, chopped
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- Graham crackers
- Preheat broiler.
- In a 10-inch cast-iron skillet, add chocolate in an even layer. Sprinkle marshmallows over chocolate.
- Broil on second rack until marshmallows are lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes. (Chocolate will not be melted. This step can be done 3 hours before cooking over campfire.)
- Place skillet on a campfire grill rack 3 to 4 inches above low- to medium-hot coals. Cook just until chocolate begins to melt, 6 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Serve with graham crackers.
- To make Skillet S’mores at home, skip the broiling step, and bake at 450° until marshmallows are browned and chocolate is melted, 4 to 5 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/