Savory and Sweet Strawberry Crostini with Balsamic Syrup
Write a review
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 (8-ounce) container nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 4 slices hardwood-smoked bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 36 (¼-inch-thick) slices French baguette, toasted
- 1 (16-ounce) container fresh Florida winter strawberries, cut into ¼-inch-thick slices (about 2½ cups)
- 3 tablespoons finely sliced fresh basil
- In a small saucepan, bring vinegar to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer until vinegar is reduced to ¼ cup, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt and cream cheese, stirring until smooth. Add bacon and confectioners’ sugar, stirring until combined. Spread yogurt mixture evenly over toasted baguette slices. Top each evenly with sliced strawberries. Sprinkle each with basil, and drizzle with balsamic syrup. Serve immediately.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/