Sausage Dogs with Peppers and Onions
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups (½-inch-thick) bell pepper strips (use a mix of colors)
- 2 cups (½-inch-thick) sliced onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 2 pounds smoked sausage links, such as Conecuh Smoked Hickory Sausage
- 8 hot dog buns
- Garnish: whole-grain mustard
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper; cook until peppers begin to soften, 3 to 4 minutes. Add onion, garlic, vinegar, and Creole seasoning. Reduce heat to medium. Cover, and cook until tender, 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cut sausage to desired lengths. Heat a grill pan over medium heat. Add sausage; cook until done, 8 to 10 minutes, turning occasionally. Serve sausage on buns with bell-pepper mixture and mustard.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/