Root Beer Float Sheet Cake
Yields: 1 (15x10-inch) cake
- 1 (16.25-ounce) box white cake mix*
- 1 ¼ cups root beer*
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped roasted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 15x10-inch jelly-roll pan with baking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, whisk together cake mix, root beer, oil, eggs, cardamom, and allspice until smooth, about 2 minutes. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream with a mixer at medium speed until thickened. Add confectioners’ sugar and vanilla; beat at high speed until light and fluffy. Spread frosting over cooled cake; sprinkle cake with peanuts.
*We used Betty Crocker White Cake Mix and Abita Root Beer.
Find more great recipes like this one in Taste of the South’s May/June 2017 issue!