Roasted Squash with Maple and Pumpkin Seeds
Yield: approximately 5 cups
Write a review
- 6 1∕2 cups peeled, cubed butternut squash (approximately 1-inch cubes)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3∕4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1∕4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1∕8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons roasted salted pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Garnish: roasted lemon slices
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- On a large rimmed baking sheet, combine squash, 1 tablespoon syrup, oil, 1∕2 teaspoon salt, black pepper, and red pepper; toss well.
- Bake, stirring occasionally, until tender and lightly browned, approximately 20 minutes. Remove from oven; drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons syrup and lemon juice. Sprinkle with remaining 1∕4 teaspoon salt; toss. Spoon into a serving bowl. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and parsley. Garnish with roasted lemon slices, if desired.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/