This mix of fall vegetables will be bright and festive addition to your table. To make this dish ahead of time, prepare through step 3. Reheat and toss with dressing just before serving.
Roasted Root Vegetables
Yield: approximately 6 servings
Write a review
- 4 large carrots, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 3 parsnips, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 large golden beets, peeled, halved, and sliced
- ⅓ cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 9 radishes, halved
- 5 shallots, peeled and halved
- ½ large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1⁄2-inch-thick slices
- ⅓ cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Garnish: fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 450°. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine carrot, parsnip, and beet. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper, tossing to coat. Divide evenly between prepared pans. Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake until vegetables are tender, approximately 20 minutes. Uncover; add radish, shallot, and sweet potato to pans, stirring to combine. Bake, uncovered, until vegetables begin to brown, approximately 25 minutes more. Let cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ⅓ cup olive oil, orange juice, vinegar, parsley, remaining ½ teaspoon salt, and remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper. Transfer vegetables to a serving platter; drizzle with dressing. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/