Quick ’N’ Easy Chicken and Dumplings
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Write a review
- 2 (14-ounce) cans (3½ cups) chicken broth
- 3½ cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (15.75-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 24 frozen dumplings, thawed according to package directions
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- In a large Dutch oven, combine chicken broth and 3½ cups water. Bring to a full rolling boil over medium heat. Add bay leaf, onion powder, thyme, cream of chicken soup, and butter.
- When broth returns to a boil, add dumplings, a few at a time. Let broth return to a boil before adding more dumplings.
- After all dumplings have been added, cook for 10 minutes.
- While dumplings are cooking, pull meat from rotisserie chicken, discarding skin and bones. Shred or chop chicken. (You should have approximately 3 cups of meat.) Add chicken to broth mixture. Cover, remove pot from heat, and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf, and season with pepper and parsley before serving.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/