This bread pudding has all the delicious flavors of pumpkin pie.
Pumpkin-Maple Bread Pudding
Makes 8 to 10 servings
Write a review
- 1 (16-ounce) loaf challah bread, cut into 1½-inch cubes
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1¾ cups heavy whipping cream
- 1⅓ cups canned pumpkin
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup pecan halves
- Garnish: confectioners’ sugar, sorghum syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 12-inch cast-iron skillet with baking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, stir together bread and raisins. In another large bowl, whisk together cream, pumpkin, maple syrup, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and vanilla. Pour over bread mixture; stir until combined. Let stand for 20 minutes.
- Transfer bread mixture to prepared skillet. Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes, covering with foil halfway through baking to prevent excess browning, if necessary. Sprinkle with pecans. Garnish with confectioners’ sugar and sorghum syrup, if desired.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/