These Pickled Sweet Peppers make the perfect topping for summer sandwiches, tacos, and hamburgers.
Pickled Sweet Peppers
Yields: 2 (1-pint) jars
- 1 pound small sweet peppers, thinly sliced (about 4 cups)
- 3 large shallots, sliced into rings
- 1½ cups white wine vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Divide peppers and shallot evenly between jars. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, bring vinegar, ½ cup water, garlic, sugar, salt, and red pepper to a boil over medium-high heat. Remove from heat; discard garlic. Divide vinegar mixture evenly between jars. Seal jars, and let cool to room temperature. Refrigerate 24 hours or up to 1 month.