The Perfect Burger
Write a review
- 2½ pounds ground grass-fed beef (85/15)
- 3 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, sliced
- 8 hamburger buns
- Sliced tomatoes
- Grilled red onion
- Cooked bacon slices
- In a large bowl, gently combine beef, garlic salt, and pepper. Refrigerate, uncovered, for at least 2 hours. Gently shape meat into 8 patties, approximately 1 inch thick.
- Spray grill rack with nonstick, nonflammable cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high heat (350° to 400°).
- Place patties on grill, and do not move for 2 minutes. Cook patties with grill lid open; turn every 2 to 3 minutes until patties reach an internal temperature of 145° or desired degree of doneness.
- Reduce heat to medium (300° to 350°). Top patties with cheese; cover with grill lid, and cook until cheese melts. Transfer patties to a platter to cool slightly. Serve on buns with desired toppings.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/