Pepper-Jelly Glazed Hot Wings
Yield: 3 pounds wings
Write a review
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup pepper jelly
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons habañero sauce
- 5 dashes hot sauce (optional)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Garnish: fresh cilantro
- Spray grill rack with nonstick, nonflammable cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high heat (350° to 400°).
- To prepare wings, start from the wing tip and find the first joint. Cut in the middle of joint to separate tip from wing. Discard tip.
- Find the next joint and cut skin to expose bone. Place knife blade in joint. Place palm of free hand on back of knife, and push down hard to break through joint. Repeat with remaining wings.
- Wash wings and pat dry with paper towels; spray wings with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill wings, turning every 5 minutes, until brown and crispy, 35 to 40 minutes. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring pepper jelly, vinegar, habañero sauce, hot sauce, and butter to a simmer, stirring occasionally until thoroughly combined.
- In a large bowl, place grilled wings. Pour half of sauce over wings, tossing to coat.
- Return wings to grill; cook until sauce just begins to caramelize, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Place wings on a serving platter; drizzle with remaining sauce. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/