This cornbread tastes just like Thanksgiving dressing.
Write a review
- 1 cup plain yellow cornmeal
- ¾ cup pecan flour
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ cup roughly chopped pecans
- ¼ cup roughly chopped fresh sage
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 (15-ounce) can cream-style corn
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place a 9-inch cast-iron skillet in middle rack of oven to preheat.
- In a medium bowl, stir together cornmeal, flours, baking powder, salt, and onion powder. Add chopped pecans and sage.
- In a large bowl, whisk together melted butter, corn, eggs, and sugar. Add flour mixture to butter mixture, stirring just until combined.
- Carefully remove hot skillet from oven. Spray with cooking spray. Pour batter into hot skillet (it should sizzle).
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/