These Peanut Butter Snickerdoodles are a fun twist on a classic holiday cookies.
Peanut Butter Snickerdoodles
Yield: approximately 3 dozen cookies
Write a review
- ¼ cup butter-flavored shortening
- ¾ cup granulated sugar, divided
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat shortening, ½ cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla with a mixer at medium-high speed until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add peanut butter, beating until smooth. Add egg, beating to combine.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Reduce mixer speed to low. Gradually add flour mixture to shortening mixture, beating just until combined after each addition. Add cream, beating to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining ¼ cup granulated sugar. Roll heaping tablespoonfuls of dough into balls; roll in sugar mixture to coat. Place 2 inches apart on prepared pans. Using a fork, flatten each ball to about ½-inch thickness, making a crosshatch design.
- Bake until edges are just beginning to brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool on pans for 5 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/
Find more great recipes like this one in Taste of the South‘s Southern Christmas!