Peanut-Butter Pound Cake
Write a review
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (10-ounce) package swirled milk chocolate and peanut-butter morsels
- Garnish: confectioners’ sugar and miniature chocolate-covered peanut-butter cups
- Preheat oven to 325°. Spray a 12-cup fluted cake pan with nonstick cooking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, sugars, and peanut butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture, 1 cup at a time, alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat just until combined. Stir in chocolate and peanut-butter morsels. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 to 25 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cover top of cake with aluminum foil to prevent excess browning, if necessary.
- Let cool for 10 minutes. Remove from pan, and cool completely on a wire rack. Garnish with confectioners’ sugar and miniature peanut-butter cups, if desired.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/