Peanut Butter-Banana Cheesecake
Yield: approximately 12 servings
Write a review
- 3 cups crushed vanilla wafers
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (3.4-ounce) package cheesecake-flavored instant pudding and pie filling
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups frozen nondairy whipped topping, thawed
- 2 bananas
- Garnish: banana slices
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, stir together vanilla wafer crumbs, melted butter, and sugar until well combined. Using the bottom of a measuring cup, press mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake 10 minutes. Let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat pudding and milk at medium-low speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add peanut butter, beating until smooth. Add cream cheese, beating until smooth. Fold whipped topping into cream cheese mixture.
- Slice bananas into 1⁄2-inch-thick pieces. Arrange in a single layer over cooled crust. Pour cream cheese mixture over bananas, smoothing top. Refrigerate 4 hours. Place in freezer 1 hour before slicing. Garnish with additional banana slices just before serving, if desired.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/