These peach cobbler bars help you get your cobbler fix on the go—no spoon required!
Peach Cobbler Bars
Yield: approximately 12 servings
Write a review
- 2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 8 cups peeled, pitted, and diced fresh peaches (about 8 peaches)
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13x9- inch baking pan with aluminum foil; spray with nonstick baking spray with flour. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together 1 cup brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. Stir in peaches and orange zest and juice until combined.
- In another large bowl, whisk together remaining 1 cup brown sugar, flour, oats, baking powder, and salt. Using a fork or pastry blender, cut in butter until crumbly. In a small bowl, whisk together egg, sour cream, and vanilla until smooth. Add egg mixture to flour mixture, stirring until combined.
- Using the bottom of a measuring cup, press three-fourths of flour mixture into bottom of prepared pan. Stir peach mixture; spread evenly in pan. Sprinkle with remaining flour mixture.
- Bake until browned and set, 40 to 45 minutes.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/