Fire-roasted poblano peppers add subtle heat to these easy grilled burgers.
Poblano Pepper and Pimiento Cheeseburgers
- 2 poblano peppers
- 2½ pounds ground sirloin
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups prepared regular or jalapeño-flavored pimiento cheese
- 6 hamburger buns, grilled
- Sliced tomato and green leaf lettuce, to serve
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat (350° to 400°).
- Place peppers on grill, and cook until charred, 6 to 7 minutes, turning occasionally. Let cool. Remove stems and seeds; chop.
- In a large bowl, gently combine beef, chopped peppers, salt, and pepper. Shape mixture into 6 (1-inch-thick) patties. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Spray grill rack with nonflammable cooking spray.
- Grill patties, uncovered, until browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Turn patties; cook until desired degree of doneness is reached, about 2 minutes more.
- Transfer burgers to a warm platter. Top each patty with pimiento cheese. Serve burgers on buns with tomato and lettuce.