Enjoy this Orange Pecan Monkey Bread on Christmas morning.
Orange Pecan Monkey Bread
Makes 8 to 10 servings
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1½ teaspoons apple pie spice
- 1½ teaspoons orange zest
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 (16.3-ounce) cans refrigerated biscuits,* each cut into 6 pieces
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- Garnish: chopped toasted Schermer Pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 12- to 15-cup Bundt pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together sugars, apple pie spice, zest, and salt. Add dough pieces, tossing to coat. Place dough pieces and any remaining sugar mixture in prepared pan.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Remove from heat; stir in orange juice and corn syrup until combined. Stir in cream and vanilla. Pour over dough.
- Bake until browned and bubbly, about 40 minutes. Spray a knife with cooking spray, and run around edges of pan. Place a plate over pan, and immediately invert bread onto plate. Garnish with pecans, if desired. Serve warm.
*We used Grands! Homestyle Butter Tastin’ Biscuits.