Serve these mini sandwiches with breakfast, lunch, or as a yummy appetizer.
Muffin Tin Tomato Breakfast Sandwiches
- 12 slices white bread
- 12 small Campari or cocktail tomatoes
- 7 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1½ tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sliced fresh chives
- Garnish: cracked black pepper, sliced fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly spray a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Cut crusts from bread and gently press 1 bread slice into each prepared muffin cup. Bake until lightly golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Cut off the tops and bottoms of tomatoes to leave a ½-inch cross section. Place 1 tomato section into each toast cup, gently pressing to secure.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, and salt. Divide egg mixture between cups. Bake until lightly golden and eggs are set, about 12 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise and chives. Spoon mayonnaise mixture onto each sandwich. Garnish with pepper and chives, if desired.