Write a review
- 3 cups fresh baby lima beans
- 2 cups fresh lady peas
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ cup chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 cups fresh yellow corn (about 6 ears)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, quartered
- In a medium saucepan, combine lima beans, lady peas, and water to cover. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, and cook until tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a Dutch oven or large skillet, heat butter and olive oil over medium heat until butter is melted. Add green onion and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes. Add corn, cooked beans and peas, cream, thyme, salt, sugar, garlic powder, and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, and cook just until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve immediately.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/