Cavatappi pasta, whole milk mozzarella cheese, & fresh rosemary and sage mixed together in a creamy sauce, topped with pan seared pork chops & baked at 375 degrees F for 25 minutes.
Macaroni and Cheese with Pork Chops
Yield: approximately 4 servings
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped yellow onion
- 4 (1⁄2-inch-thick) bone-in pork rib chops
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 3⁄4 cup shredded whole milk mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces cavatappi pasta, cooked
- 2 tablespoons Japanese bread crumbs (panko)
- 1⁄4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°. Spray a 2 1⁄2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, 5 minutes. Remove from pan. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan. Sprinkle pork chops with 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper. Add pork chops to pan; cook until browned, approximately 3 minutes per side. Remove from pan. Set aside.
- Add butter to pan; melt over medium heat. Add flour; cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Whisk in milk, remaining 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, remaining 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, sage, and rosemary. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, whisking constantly, until thickened, 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in mozzarella until melted. Stir in cooked pasta. Spoon into prepared dish. Top with pork chops, overlapping slightly; sprinkle with onion, bread crumbs, and Parmesan.
- Bake until pork chops are tender, approximately 25 minutes.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/