With creamy cookie butter mixed into the dough and stuffed in the centers, these massive cookies are the definition of indulgence.
Jumbo Cookie Butter-Stuffed Oatmeal Cookies
Yields: About 10
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup plus 3 tablespoons creamy cookie butter, divided
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- ⅓ cup chopped semisweet chocolate
- ⅓ cup sweetened dried cranberries
- Garnish: old-fashioned rolled oats, chopped semisweet chocolate, sweetened dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar with a mixer at medium speed until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add egg and vanilla; beat until combined. Add ½ cup cookie butter, beating until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. With mixer on low speed, gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating just until combined. Stir in oats, chocolate, and cranberries.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons dough, and place on prepared pan. Press center to form a well, and scoop 2 teaspoons remaining cookie butter into center. Scoop 2 more tablespoons dough, and roll into a ball. Slightly flatten, and place over cookie butter-stuffed bottom. Pinch edges to seal, and slightly flatten. Top with additional oats, chocolate, and cranberries, if desired. Repeat with remaining dough and remaining cookie butter, placing cookies at least 2 inches apart on prepared pans.
- Bake until edges are golden brown, 14 to 15 minutes. Let cool on pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks.