Our founder, Phyllis Hoffman DePiano, shares a recipe from her friend Jo, the Pound Cake Lady.
Jo's Whipping Cream Pound Cake
Write a review
- 1 cup REAL butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- ½ pint (1 carton) whipping cream, not whipped
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1½ teaspoons real vanilla flavoring, no imitation
- Preheat oven to 325°. Cream butter and sugar thoroughly; add eggs, one at a time, while continuing to beat. Add whipping cream and cake flour alternately, and continue beating. Add vanilla, and continue beating. Beat on medium-high speed 4 minutes. Bake in a greased and floured tube cake pan at 325° for 1 hour and 15 to 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Flip out onto plate, and then flip back over onto wire rack to cool.
- Butter and eggs should always be at room temperature
- Grease and flour tube pan
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/