Herby Cucumber Dip with Summer Veggies
Makes 2½ cups
- 1 cup grated seedless cucumber (about 1 cucumber)
- 2½ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 2 cups plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon sliced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- Assorted raw vegetables, to serve
- Garnish: extra-virgin olive oil, chopped fresh dill, cracked black pepper, lemon zest
- Line a fine-mesh sieve or strainer with cheesecloth. In a medium bowl, stir together cucumber and 1 teaspoon salt. Transfer to prepared sieve and place over a medium bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Gather cheesecloth around cucumber, gently squeezing to release as much liquid as possible.
- In a large bowl, stir together cucumber, yogurt, sour cream, lemon juice, dill, chives, oil, garlic, and remaining 1½ teaspoons salt. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour. Serve with vegetables. Garnish with oil, dill, pepper, and lemon zest, if desired.