Timesaving Tip: Make this scrumptious layered chocolate dessert up to 1 day ahead of time. Cover, and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Heavenly Layered Chocolate Dessert
Yield: approximately 12 servings
Write a review
- 1 (15.25-ounce) package chocolate fudge cake mix, such as Betty Crocker
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (3.9-ounce) package instant chocolate fudge pudding mix
- 2 cups cold whole milk
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 (16-ounce) container frozen nondairy whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 6 (1.4-ounce) toffee candy bars, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add cake mix, egg, and butter, stirring until well combined. Press mixture evenly into bottom of prepared dish.
- Bake 13 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, combine pudding mix and milk; whisk 2 minutes. Cover, and refrigerate 5 minutes.
- In another medium bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar at low speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Stir in 2 cups whipped topping.
- Reserve 1⁄4 cup candy bars. Sprinkle remaining candy bars evenly over cake layer. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over candy bar layer. Spread pudding evenly over cream cheese layer.
- Spread remaining whipped topping over pudding layer. Sprinkle with reserved chopped candy bars. Refrigerate 30 minutes before serving.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/