This hearty casserole pairs perfectly with a simple salad for a complete and satisfying meal.
Ham and Asparagus Casserole
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
Write a review
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1⁄2 pound hickory-smoked deli ham, thinly sliced and cut into 1⁄2-inch pieces
- 1 (10 3⁄4-ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (10 3⁄4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups dried ziti pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1 sleeve buttery round crackers, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add carrot; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add asparagus and mushrooms; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine asparagus mixture, peas, ham, soups, sour cream, milk, and salt. Add cooked pasta, tossing gently to combine. Spoon into prepared dish.
- In a small bowl, combine crackers and melted butter; sprinkle evenly over casserole.
- Bake until heated through, 35 to 40 minutes.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/