Mayonnaise is the secret ingredient in these melty grilled cheese sandwiches.
Grilled Three-Cheese Sandwiches
Yields: Makes 4
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 8 slices white sandwich bread
- 4 slices yellow American cheese
- 4 slices Colby-Jack cheese
- 4 slices cream Havarti cheese
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, divided
- Spread mayonnaise on half of bread slices. Top each with 1 slice American, 1 slice Colby-Jack, and
- slice Havarti. Cover with remaining bread slices.
- In a 12-inch cast-iron skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add 2 sandwiches; cook until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Turn, and cook until cheese is melted and both sides are golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Repeat procedure with remaining 2 tablespoons butter and remaining 2 sandwiches.
You can find more recipes like this one in the newest edition of Taste of the South magazine.