This Grilled Cheese with Brie and Preserves makes the perfect sweet and savory snack.
Grilled Cheese with Brie and Preserves
Makes 4 servings
Write a review
- 2 (7-ounce) wedges Brie, rind removed and sliced
- 8 slices sourdough, sliced 1⁄2 inch thick
- 1 cup fruit preserves*
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, divided
- Divide Brie among half of bread slices. Spread preserves on remaining bread slices, place on top of Brie, spread side down.
- In a 12-inch cast-iron skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add 2 sandwiches, and cook until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Turn, and cook until cheese is melted and both sides are golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes more. Repeat procedure with remaining 2 tablespoons butter and remaining 2 sandwiches.
- *We used blackberry preserves, strawberry preserves, apricot preserves, and fig preserves.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/
Find more great recipes like this one in Southern Cast Iron’s Winter 2017 issue!