Whether you call it a slaw or a salad, there’s one thing to agree on: this fresh and flavorful Southern side is the perfect dish for any backyard party, picnic, or tailgate.
Green Bean Slaw
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Write a review
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1⁄2-inch pieces
- 4 cups fresh haricots vert (French green beans), trimmed
- 1⁄2 cup matchstick carrot
- 1⁄4 cup roasted salted peanuts
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon whole-grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, fill with water to halfway full. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add beans; cook 2 minutes. Drain, and rinse beans under cold water until cooled. In a large bowl, place bacon, beans, carrot, and peanuts.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, shallot, olive oil, mustard, sugar, salt, and pepper. Pour dressing over green bean mixture, stirring to combine. Store, covered, in the refrigerator up to 2 days.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/