Goo Goo Cluster Cupcakes
Write a review
- ½ cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1¼ cups plus ½ teaspoon self-rising flour, divided
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Original Goo Goo Cluster, finely chopped
- 1 Original Goo Goo Cluster, cut into 12 pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 12 muffin cups with nonstick baking spray with flour.
- In a small saucepan, combine butter and chocolate. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until smooth. Remove from heat; let cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1¼ cups flour, sugar, and salt. Add chocolate mixture, eggs, and vanilla. Beat at low speed with an electric mixer just until blended.
- In a small bowl, toss together finely chopped Goo Goo Cluster and remaining ½ teaspoon flour; fold into chocolate mixture. Spoon into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake until top of cupcakes springs back when lightly touched, approximately 18 minutes. Run a knife around the rims of muffin cups.
- While cupcakes are still warm, make a shallow cut in the top of each cupcake; insert 1 piece of chopped Goo Goo Cluster into each cut. Let cool for 15 minutes. Remove from pan; serve warm or let cool completely.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/