Filled with 3 types of cheese, Extra-Cheesy Macaroni and Cheese is an easy-to-bake classic that your family will love.
Extra-Cheesy Macaroni and Cheese
Yield: 10 to 12 servings
Write a review
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups whole milk
- 11⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry ground mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 5 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 12 ounces pasteurized processed cheese, such as Velveeta, cubed
- 1 (16-ounce) package elbow macaroni, cooked
- Preheat oven to 450°. Spray a 3-to 4-quart or 13x9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour; cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Whisk in milk, salt, pepper, mustard, and nutmeg. Cook, whisking constantly, until thickened, 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in mozzarella, 4 cups Cheddar, and processed cheese until melted. Remove from heat. Stir in cooked pasta. Pour into prepared dish.
- Bake 10 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup Cheddar. Bake until cheese melts, 4 to 5 minutes more.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/