Putting together an elegant Christmas dinner doesn’t mean you have to spend hours in the kitchen and miss out on all the holiday fun. Thanks to a make-ahead main course and quick-fix sides, you can impress your guests with ease. Just use the Menu Plan and recipes below and you’ll be on your way to putting a wow-worthy dinner with plenty of time left over to spend visiting with family and friends!
1 Day Ahead
- Prepare Red Wine-Braised Beef Short Ribs, and refrigerate.
- Prepare Coffee Crème Brûlées through step 5. Cover, and refrigerate.
- Peel and chop vegetables for Roasted Root Vegetables; place in a resealable plastic bag, and refrigerate.
2 Hours Before Dinner
- Reheat Red-Wine Braised Beef Short Ribs as directed below; keep warm.
1 Hour Before Dinner
- Prepare Smoked Gouda Grits
- Prepare Roasted Root Vegetables
- Prepare Citrus and Shaved Fennel Salad
- Prepare Garlic Green Beans
- Top and torch Coffee Crème Brûlées