Creamy Tarragon Drop Biscuits
Yield: 16 biscuits
Write a review
- 21∕4 cups all-purpose flour
- 21∕2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into pea-size cubes
- 1∕2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1∕4 cup chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 1∕4 cups heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 450°. Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Rub butter into flour using your fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in herbs. Add cream, and stir until just combined. Drop dough onto prepared baking sheet in 16 equal mounds, approximately 2 inches in diameter, 2 inches apart.
- Bake until biscuits are golden, approximately 12 minutes. Serve warm.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/