Enjoy fall flavors in less time with this simple and classic recipe! These Cream Cheese Oat Bars are quick and easy, and perfect for casual entertaining this season.
Cream Cheese Oat Bars
Yield: approximately 20 bars
Write a review
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats (not instant)
- 2 cups chopped roasted salted cashews
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups prepared apple butter
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, oats, cashews, sugar, and baking soda. Add melted butter, stirring until well combined. Reserve 11 ⁄2 cups mixture for topping. Using the bottom of a measuring cup, press remaining mixture into bottom of prepared dish.
- Bake 15 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add lemon juice and vanilla, beating to combine. Set aside.
- Spread apple butter evenly over crust. Spread cream cheese mixture over apple butter. Sprinkle with reserved oat mixture.
- Bake until cream cheese layer is set, 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/