We used a nonstick muffin pan to achieve a crusty edge and popover look. An uncoated pan will bake a more classic muffin shape.
Cornmeal Pound Cake Muffins
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup yellow cornmeal
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- Butter and honey, to serve
- Preheat oven to 350°. Generously spray a 12-cup nonstick muffin pan with baking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar with a mixer at medium speed until creamy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking soda, and salt. With mixer on low speed, gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with yogurt, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating just until combined after each addition. Divide batter among prepared muffin cups.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 25 to 28 minutes. Let cool in pan for 15 minutes; remove and let cool completely on a wire rack. Serve with butter and honey.