Tart apple balances hearty collard greens in this easy toss-together salad.
Collard-Apple Salad with Cider Vinaigrette
Yield: approximately 6 servings
Write a review
- 9 cups torn red leaf lettuce, loosely packed
- 2 cups thinly sliced collard greens, loosely packed
- 2 cups thinly sliced apple
- 3 tablespoons roasted salted sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce, collard greens, apple, and sunflower seeds. In a medium bowl, whisk together cider and vinegar. Gradually whisk in canola oil. Whisk in sugar, salt, and pepper. Pour over salad, tossing gently to combine. Serve immediately.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/