A flavorful ham glazed with Coca-Cola, whole-grain mustard, and brown sugar.
Yield: 1 (9-pound) ham
Write a review
- 1 (12-ounce) cola-flavored soda, such as Coca-Cola
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1 (9-pound) spiral cut ham
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium saucepan, combine cola, butter, mustard, and salt. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Place ham in a large roasting pan. Pour half of cola mixture over ham. Cover loosely with aluminum foil. Bake for 1 hour. Remove foil.
- Add brown sugar to remaining half of cola mixture, stirring well. Spoon over ham.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Let ham rest for 15 minutes before serving.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/