These delicious deviled eggs will make your grandmother proud.
Classic Deviled Eggs
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Pinch ground white pepper
- Pinch garlic powder
- Garnish: chopped fresh chives, smoked paprika
- In a large saucepan, bring eggs and cold water to cover to a boil over high heat; boil for 1 minute. Cover and remove from heat. Let rest, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Uncover and drain eggs; rinse with cold water. Transfer to an ice water bath, and let rest for 10 minutes. Peel eggs, and cut in half lengthwise. Remove egg yolks, and place in a small bowl. Set egg whites aside.
- Mash egg yolks with a fork until crumbly. Add mayonnaise, relish, chives, mustard, pepper, and garlic powder, stirring until well combined. Pipe or spoon egg yolk mixture into egg whites. Garnish with chives and paprika, if desired.