These ice cream sundaes are going to wow your family and friends. Christy’s advice is to make twice as many as you think you’re going to need! These treats need plenty of time to chill, so prep them while your kids are at school.
Christy Jordan's "Unfried" Ice Cream Sundaes
Yield: 4 servings
Write a review
- 4 cups crushed cinnamon- flavored cereal, such as Cinnamon Toast Crunch
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- 2 cups frozen nondairy whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup chocolate syrup Maraschino cherries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a rimmed baking sheet, place crushed cereal. Drizzle with melted butter; stir to combine.
- Bake, stirring twice, until lightly browned, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool completely.
- Line another rimmed baking sheet with wax paper. Scoop ice cream into 8 balls, and place on prepared pan. Freeze until hardened, approximately 3 hours.
- Working quickly, roll ice cream balls in cooled cereal mixture, gently pressing cereal to ice cream. Return balls to pan; freeze until firm, approximately 2 hours.
- Layer ice cream, whipped topping, and chocolate syrup in 4 glasses. Top with cherries, if desired.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/